Shared Services Distance Learning (SSDL) courses are Danville Community College courses offered in partnership with Northern Virginia Community College or other colleges in the Virginia Community College System. These courses allow students to earn DCC credit while taking an online course with an instructor from another VCCS school. Likewise, students from other VCCS colleges may enroll in DCC courses to satisfy requirements for their program of study at their home institution.
Any student who enrolls in SSDL courses will have access to all the student support services provided by Danville Community College as well as those provided by Northern Virginia Community College.
Spring 2021 SSDL Courses
- ACC 212-S1: Principles of Accounting II
- ACC 215-S1: Computerized Accounting
- ADJ 100-S1: Survey of Criminal Justice
- BIO 150-S1: Introductory Microbiology
- BIO 150-S1L: Introductory Microbiology Lab
- BIO 205-S1: General Microbiology
- BIO 205-S1L: General Microbiology Lab
- BIO 256-S1: General Genetics
- BIO 256-S1L: General Genetics Lab
- BUS 100-S1: Introduction to Business
- CHM 111-S1: College Chemistry I
- CHM 111-S1L: College Chemistry I Lab
- CHM 260-S1: Introductory Biochemistry
- CST 130-S1: Introduction to the Theatre
- EGR 115-S1: Engineering Graphics
- ENG 210-S1: Advanced Composition
- FRE 101-S1: Beginning French I
- ITP 120-S1: Java Programming I
- MKT 228-S1: Promotion
- MKT 284-S1: Social Media Marketing
- PHY 201-S1: General College Physics I
- PHY 201-S1L: General College Physics I Lab
- PLS 135-S1: American National Politics
- SDV 106-S1: Preparation for Employment
- SOC 211-S1: Principles of Anthropology I
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I register for an SSDL course?
Students who have been placed in a program of study should contact their academic advisor to register for an SSDL course. All other students should contact the Office of Admissions and Records at email@example.com to register.
Before you can register for SSDL courses, you’ll need to have a completed application for admission on file with DCC’s Office of Admissions and Records. All SSDL courses are listed with a section number beginning with an “S” (e.g., ACC 111-S1) in the online schedule of classes. If the course you need to take is not listed above or in our schedule of classes, you may request it by completing our Course Request Form.
- When is the deadline for registering?
The last day to register for an SSDL course is the business day prior to the day the class is scheduled to begin. No registrations will be allowed after an SSDL course has started.
- How do I pay for SSDL courses?
Once you’ve registered for an SSDL course, you can pay for your course(s) online via QuikPay® or by calling DCC’s Cashier’s Office at (434) 797-8418 Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Learn more about DCC's tuition rates and fees.
SSDL courses are eligible for federal financial aid provided the courses are required as part of your program of study. Students who have been placed in a program of study can check with their academic advisor to verify course eligibility.
- How do I get my course materials?
Textbooks and other course materials may be purchased through the DCC Castle Bookstore both in-person and online. If you are a receiving federal financial aid, you will be able to use award money to purchase course materials. You will need to provide your student ID number for your purchase.
- Where do I take proctored tests?
- What resources will be available to me?
SSDL students will have access to the following resources through DCC:
- MyDCC (Canvas, Student Information System, Gmail, Navigate)
- Access to DCC student services and NVCC student services
- DCC IT Help Desk support
- Online tutoring
- Test proctoring on-campus, online, or at approved locations
- Virtual library