The Whittington W. Clement Learning Resources Center provides information and instructional support services for the college community. Centrally located on the DCC campus, the Learning Resources Center houses the Library, Distance Learning Services, the Testing Center, and the Tutoring Center.
The Whittington W. Clement Learning Resources Center will be the provider of choice for learning resources and services for the College community. It is our philosophy to provide service of the highest quality, encourage innovation, and to provide solutions for the enhancement of learning.
The Whittington W. Clement Learning Resources Center advances the mission of Danville Community College by providing academic support services and learning resources for the educational and workforce training programs and services of Danville Community College.
- Promote the knowledge of and use of information and instructional resources by the students and faculty.
- Provide computer and technology support for innovation and learning.
- Acquire, organize, maintain, and promote the use of a well-planned collection of library and information resources and supporting technology.
- Acquire, organize, maintain, and promote the archives of Danville Community College.
- Provide comprehensive learning assistance that provides quality instructional assistance, tutoring services, testing services, and ready access to computer applications.
- Support educational programs and instruction in support of a comprehensive distributed learning program.
- Instruct in collaboration with the faculty about the use of the library.
- Employ an excellent staff that is committed to student success.
- Achieve cost savings by participating in purchasing consortiums, which provide access to a wealth of resources otherwise unobtainable.
- To expand access to the LRC in supporting the goals of equity, diversity, and inclusion in connecting all students staff and faculty to LRC resources.