Complete the FAFSA
Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately, even before you are informed of your admissions decision. The application should be completed each year. NEW - You can apply starting in October of each year, using prior year tax information! See FAQs about this process. You can:
- Apply online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. (highly recommended)
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov/options.htm and download a PDF version of the FAFSA to complete and mail or fax for processing.
- Call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) and request a paper application.
Federal School Code: 003758
Verification is a process of ensuring that the information the student entered on his or her FAFSA is correct. Students are selected for verification by ED or can be selected by the College. When a student is selected for verification the College notifies the student via MyDCC email that his or her financial aid determination is pending review of additional information. The email directs the student to the Message Center within SIS, informing the student of required documentation and information on how to access required forms. Danville Community College does not award financial aid until the verification review is complete. No verification documentation will be accepted or reviewed after the end of the FAFSA correction processing period, usually mid-September of the end of the aid year.
The Financial Aid Office is located in Wyatt Room 101 and can be reached by phone at 434-797-8439 or by email at DCCFinAid@danville.edu.
All Financial Aid communications will be electronic. Please make sure you know how to log into your MyDCC and your student email accounts. Everything you need to know will be online.
Steps To View Financial Aid Online
- Go to www.danville.edu.
- Click on MyDCC (the blue button).
- Enter your user name and password.
- Click on the VCCS SIS8 Student Information System.
- Click on Campus Finances.
- Click on Account Inquiry.
- Click on Activity.
- Click on Term.
- Click on Go.
- This will give you all the information about your account. If you have been issued a refund, this is where you will be able to find the information.
1008 South Main Street
Danville, VA 24541