Statement of Accreditation
Danville Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Danville Community College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Why Accreditation Matters
Accreditation by SACSCOC signifies that the institution:
- Has a mission appropriate to higher education
- Has resources, programs and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain that mission
- Maintains clearly specified educational objectives consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees it offers
- Demonstrates a commitment to the process of self-reflection and evidence-based evaluation toward achieving its stated objectives
- Beyond that, accreditation ensures we honor the promises we make to our DCC community. It exemplifies a shared understanding and demonstration of the SACSCOC core values — integrity, peer review, student learning, continuous quality improvement, accountably and transparency — across the college.