The Whittington W. Clement Learning Resources Center provides information and instructional support services for the college community. The Learning Resources Center houses the Library, the Testing Center, the Tutoring Center, and Distance Learning Services.
For more information, please call (434) 797-8555.
- About the Learning Resources Center
- Learning Resources Center Hours
- Staff listing
- Floor Plans
- Get Help Now
Mary M. Barksdale Library
- Promote the knowledge of and use of information and instructional resources by students, faculty and the College community.
- Acquire, organize, maintain, and promote the use of a well-planned collection of library and information resources and supporting technology.
- Develop special collections that will preserve and document the development of Danville Community College and enhance the College experience.
- Provide access for students to computer technology and software applications.
- Provide instructional technology in support of the College's educational programs and activities
- Provide professional development and training for the faculty in the use of instructional technology in support of the distance educational programs and activities
- Collaborate with the faculty and staff in the design and development of curriculum materials used in distributed learning
- Provide technical and design assistance in course development for the faculty
- Administration of the LMS via Canvas software
- Provide technical assistance with web conferencing software
- Provide technology assistance for students and faculty related to distance learning technology and software applications through the campus Canvas Help Desk
- Provide proctored make-up testing services in support of the College's instructional programs.
- Provide proctored testing services for distance learning courses.
- Recruit peer and professional tutors in support of the College's instructional programs.
- Provide pre-service and ongoing training for peer and professional tutors in support of the College's instructional programs.
- Provide peer tutoring services in support of the College's instructional programs.
- Provide professional tutoring services in support of the College's instructional programs.
- Provide supplemental learning assistance for DCC students regardless of location.