REV Up Your Career!
Through the Re-Employing Virginians (REV) campaign, the governor’s office is giving Virginia’s Community Colleges $27 million to help current and future students cover the costs of tuition and fees in fields that will lead to careers in their community.
Danville Community College offers a wide array of programs that are REV eligible. Explore below to find out more about eligibility, program offerings, and next steps!
EARN MORE AS YOU LEARN MORE
Stackable Credentials build pathways with off-ramps for students who need to enter the workforce and easy on-ramps for when you want to return to obtain a higher-level credential.
In a stackable credentials program, students who stop out do not have to repeat coursework or start all over in order to reach the next milestone.
You are always making progress!
- Qualifying Programs
Health Science-Prac. Nrsg.Spec
Admin Support Technology- Medical Office Administration Specialization
Admin Support Technology- General Office Specialization
Admin Support Technology- Medical Office Coding Specialization
IST-Software Development Spec.
IST Network Engineer
IST - Gaming & Mobile App Des.
IST Network Engineer- Cyber & Network Security Specialization
Early Childhood Education
Industrial Tech. - Mechanical
Tech. Studies-Integrated Mach.
Applied Engineering Technology
Cyber and Network Foundations
Foundations of Criminal Justice
Office Information Processing
Air Cond. & Refrig. Servicing
Industrial Electronic Principles
Industrial Electrical Princ.
Basic Dental Assisting
Advanced Nurse Aide
Nurse Aide Extended Care
Medical Office Studies
Info. Systems Technician
Mobile Applications Development
Information Systems Management
Early Childhood Development
Networking With CISCO/CCNA
CNC Flow Cell Machining
Computer Aided Drafting & Des.
Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
Auto Analysis & Repair
Precision Machining Technology
Certified Nurse Aide
Emergency Medical Technician
Emergency Medical Technician - Intermediate
CISCO Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
CISCO Certified Network Associate
CISCO Certified Network Professional
Microsoft MTA Networking Fundamentals
Microsoft MTA Server Administration Fundamentals
Backflow Prevention Device Certification
Electrical - Level 1
Electrical - Level 2
Electrical - Level 3
Electrical - Level 4
Electrical Tradesman License Renewal
HVAC Tradesman License Renewal
Plumbing Tradesman License Renewal
Certified Production Technician
Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
Level I CNC Milling: Operations
Level I CNC Milling: Programming Setup & Operations
Level I CNC Turning: Operations
Level I CNC Turning: Programming Setup & Operations
Level II CNC Milling Skills II
Level II CNC Turning Skills II
Manufacturing Specialist (MS)
Manufacturing Technician 1 (MT1)
Measurement, Materials, and Safety
Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Program Level 1
- You are a Virginia citizen.
- You filed a claim for unemployment benefits on or after August 1, 2020.
- You lost your fulltime job due to COVID-19 and currently earn less than $15 per hour -OR- you lost a full-time job because COVID-19 caused your employer to close or reduce staffing, and you are now working in a part-time job that pays less than $15 per hour.
- You are interested in pursuing training or classes in a high-demand area: Early Childhood Education, Health-care, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Public Safety, Skilled Trades.
- Next Steps
If you meet the requirements above, then you’re on your way to getting your next semester or career training paid for. To take advantage of this one-time-only opportunity, follow these four steps.
- Fill out the form below to connect with our admissions team.
- Plan your courses with an advisor and determine your REV funding.
- If you choose short-term workforce training (4 to 6 months), you’ll receive up to a $1,500 voucher applied to your student account.
- If you choose classes for a career studies certificate (18 to 24 months) or an associate degree (two years), you’ll receive up to $1,500 for part-time or up to $3,000 for full-time – both applied directly to your student account.
- Certify that you’re eligible to receive an REV voucher.
- Enroll by Dec. 14, 2020.
This is a one-time funding effort to help Virginians recover from job loss and underemployment due to COVID-19. Take advantage of these dollars soon because funding expires on Dec. 14.