When you apply for financial aid, you should also apply for admission to Danville Community College as a degree/certificate seeking student.
Complete the FAFSA
Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as you can. To make sure your financial aid award is posted before the first tuition payment due date you should submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon as it becomes available, October 1 of the prior year. (example: for Fall 2018, the application became available October 1, 2017). This application needs to be completed each year. There are 3 ways to apply:
- Recommended: Apply online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. (FAFSA Tutorial)
- Go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/options.htm and download a PDF version of the FAFSA to complete and mail or fax for processing.
- Call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) and request a paper application.
- The DCC school code is 003758.
- For questions or to schedule an appointment contact the Financial Aid Office at: DCCFinAid@danville.edu.
Check Your DCC Email Often
Important information and instructions will be delivered to you via your DCC email and Message Center account within SIS.
Respond to Financial Aid Requests for Additional Information
Respond to any financial aid requests you receive from DCC. Be sure to complete and submit any additional requested materials as soon as you can.
Notify the Financial Aid Office of all scholarships received. Additional scholarships and awards may require a recalculation of your financial aid eligibility and impact previously-awarded financial aid.
Register for Classes
Register for your classes.
Pay for Classes
Log into MyDCC and check your account balance and your pending financial aid award. For directions, click on MyDCC Help after you log in. If your financial aid award is less than your total account balance, pay your balance by the due date.